Shady friends, we all have them… but we continue to keep these toxic people in our lives. The real question is what is a shady friend, & why do we have them?
Shady: illegitimate, underhanded, dishonourable, corrupt, sneaky.
After 23, almost 24 years I’ve finally realized it’s not normal to have shady friends. I need to get my shit together, & get these toxic people out of my life. For so many years I just accepted the bullshit & gave these so called “friends” so many chances, but now I just don’t see the point anymore.
If someone was a “true friend” & actually cared about your feelings they wouldn’t talk to your ex boyfriend, they wouldn’t put you down, & they wouldn’t lie straight to your face on a day to day basis.
Shady Friend Characteristics:
- They continue to talk to your ex’s after you break up, meanwhile you cried on their shoulder when you broke up
- They only call you when they need something
- They make plans with you, & then say they are sick, but still go out… (I can see the photos on Instagram)
- They make your problems seem unimportant
- They put you down
- They point out your flaws to others
- They stop talking to you when a guy comes into their life
- They lie straight to your face
- They flirt with your boyfriend or guy that you’re interested in
- They always try & one up you
Why is it always such a competition when you’re around a group of female friends, but lets save that rant for another day.
If your friends continuously hurt you, & keep saying how sorry they are, they clearly must not be sorry because if they were they probably wouldn’t keep doing it… Just something to keep in mind.
Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me
Fool me three times… yup, you’re a shady friend.
If you have a friend that has more than one of the Shady Friend Characteristics, you may want to inform that person that they are looking a little shady, & could use some sun.
– Joanna xo ❤